Society for Family Health (SFH), one of the leading public health NGOs in Nigeria, implementing programmes for improving Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS prevention and Maternal and Child Health – is recruiting for a Assistant Manager I, Global Fund Behavior Change Communication.
ASSISTANT MANAGER I, GLOBAL FUND BEHAVIOR CHANGE COMMUNICATION (based in Abuja) (Ref: AMGFB, Abuja) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report to the Associate Director, Strategic Behavioral Communication (SBC) or designate.
• The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility of interfacing with the programme and research divisions on all research and creative briefs relating to the Global Fund Malaria intervention within SFH.
• Whilst reporting to the AD SBC, S/He will work closely with programme managers to develop evidence based creative briefs to address identified gaps that communication must fill and design with the help of agencies evidence based campaigns on malaria.
The desired candidate:
• Must possess a first degree in mass communication, behavioral or social sciences, a Master degree in communication or public health will be an added advantage
• Must possess a minimum of three (3) years post NYSC working experience in related functions, preferably in a reputable NGO
• Must be a person who can translate research (desk top and others) to a workable creative brief
• Knowledgeable about how to translate research outcomes to campaign messages
• Knowledgeable about programme issues (public health) pertaining to malaria and maternal and child health issues
• Must possess self-confidence, excellent inter- personal and networking skills
• Must have high sense of responsibility and integrity and have a drive for continuous learning and knowledge sharing
• Experience in information education and communication (IEC) material development or media or audio-visual production will be of advantage
• Demonstrated success in development of innovative campaigns at community level will be of added advantage
Method of Application:
A one page application letter using the position “Ref” as subject, should be addressed to the Associate Director HR, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, as well current remuneration and comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating clearly your telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address should be sent to the email address beside the job you are applying for. Do note that any candidate with multiple submissions will be disqualified. Candidates without the minimum requirement need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22nd December, 2009.
Email: email@example.com (Ref: AMGFZC, preferred location)