JOB TITLE: Head Trade Marketing
A top notch Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company is currently searching for Head, Trade Marketing.
Purpose of the job
Plays a key role within the country sales team, driving excellence in store (4P) execution across key customers/key accounts for all categories present in the country category/brand portfolio. The role will also focus on building expert knowledge in the company’s key categories and sharing this with the customer in order to build long term partnerships and increase profit and sales.
- Minimum bachelors degree level ideally in a business related subject
- Must possess 7 years experience in sales/trade marketing roles within an FMCG environment
- Develops country/customer 4P strategy and tactics in line with respective sales and marketing directors, and building on global 4P strategy
- Defines category trade marketing KPIs across all company’s categories in the country
- Leads the country trade marketing team
- Defines and manages the trade marketing budget
- Contributes to category marketing plans, with customer & category analysis and promotional strategy
- Continuous analysis of the competitive and customer’s position in the country,
- Leads and supports trade marketing team in developing and implementing company’s promotional strategy
- Key contact for the marketing director and brand marketing team with regards to all promotional and customer act
- Translate brand marketing actions into winning customer marketing actions
- Competing in an increasingly competitive environment to achieve a leading position
- Leads within the country the development and implementation of category management strategies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams
- Strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please note that Careers Nigeria does not charge applicants/candidates placement fees or registration fees. We ONLY welcome CVs from suitable candidates for roles published on our website. We shall keep your details and CVs and contact you if any suitable roles become available in the future.