Society for Family Health (SFH), one of the leading public health NGOs in Nigeria, implementing programmes for improving Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS prevention and Maternal and Child Health – is recruiting for a State System Strengthening Advisors
State System Strengthening Advisors (based in Kaduna, Ogun and Akwa Ibom States)
- The overall responsibility of this role in the Enhancing the National Response to HIV/AIDS programme (ENR) will be to strengthen the capacity of SACA, SASCP and state line ministries to plan, budget and improve accountability for an effective, multi-sectoral and evidence-based HIV/AIDS response.
- The position will support the development and maintenance of efficient and effective planning, budgeting and financial systems to aid planning processes, strengthen financial controls and decision making.
- The role will also provide support for budgeting and costing for strategic issues, such as state government.
- Reports on a day to day basis to the State Programme Manager with lines of communication with the Public Sector Strategic Planning & coordination Specialist at federal level, other Strategic Systems Strengthening Technical Advisors in the other ENR states and the Technical Director ENR, Options Consultancy Services, UK.
The desired candidate will have:
- Must possess a first degree in accounting or business management, with excellent understanding of financial management or management accounting systems, with a Masters degree in any relevant field.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years post NYSC experience in management accounting;
- Must have appreciable experience of working in budgeting and planning functions, likely to be currently working at advanced management level in either reputable NGO, government or the private sector
- Must have experience in capacity building, mentoring and training for different cadres of staff and partners.
- Must have good understanding of key issues for STI/HIV programming.
- Must have excellent communication, writing; planning and organizational skills, with proven ability to work as a part of team as well as being a self starter.
Method of Application:
A one page application letter using the position “Ref” as subject, should be addressed to the Associate Director HR, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, as well current remuneration and comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating clearly your telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address should be sent to the email address beside the job you are applying for. Do note that any candidate with multiple submissions will be disqualified. Candidates without the minimum requirement need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22nd December, 2009.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref: SSTA, preferred location)