JOB TITLE: Head of Procurement (Central Africa Portfolio)
A top notch Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company is currently searching for Head of Procurement. If you are professional looking for a company to develop and grow within, then this is the company for you.
Purpose of the job
Ensure that the appropriate supplier base for the country spend is developed and managed to ensure that business expectations are met in terms of price, service, quality, technical support and time to market.
- Minimum of 10-12 years purchasing experience.
- Minimum degree in Economics or Technical (engineering, chemistry, etc)
- MBA (Purchasing and Supply or Economics related areas)
- Develop and recommend or decide the portfolio strategy taking into account all the regulatory rules and constraints
- Develop BCPs strategy for the portfolio.
- Ensure zero stock-outs affecting product supplies to the market.
- Manage the supplier selection process and sourcing decisions to fulfill business needs.
- Responsible for the negotiation, contractual agreement with the supplier base
- Responsible for the overall performance of his supplier base (service, quality, cost)
- Develop and recommend country budget for the portfolio
- Recommend and monitor progress on alternative material/supplier approvals
- Lead Supply chain costs improvement actions between suppliers and company’s facilities
- Follow market trends both in the supplier base and feedstock chain
- Maintain short and long term plans for each category of purchasing(commodity files)
- Support project development in order to meet NPD launch date and expected GMand liaise actively with R&D, supply packaging and marketing.
- Provide prices and opportunities for the annual budgeting process
- Provide explanations on PPV and latest view during the year
- Fluent in English, second language desirable
- Proven negotiation skills at senior level
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please note that Careers Nigeria does not charge applicants/candidates placement fees or registration fees. We ONLY welcome CVs from suitable candidates for roles published on our website. We shall keep your details and CVs and contact you if any suitable roles become available in the future.