JOB TITLE: Matron
A reputable Hospital in Lagos is searching for a Matron. If you are highly motivated, highly skilled and open minded, this is an opportunity for you.
Purpose of the job
Candidate will be responsible for ensuring safe and appropriate use of resources to provide high quality, evidence based care for women and their families.
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience
- Assess standards of care, including privacy, dignity and challenge any poor standards
- Manage sickness and absence in line with trust policy, by monitoring trends, interviewing staff and when necessary refer to occupational health
- Ensure the provision of appropriate staffing levels and skill mix throughout the 24 hour period, reporting deficiencies to the senior Matron
- Undertake annual appraisal for a defined group of staff in line with current trust guidance
- Ensure that the ward and antenatal clinic budgets are managed effectively, taking remedial action when necessary
- Manage the annual leave for all hospital based midwives and support staff
- Facilitate and support effective working relationships with the multi-professional team to enhance the care and management of women and babies.
- Excellent communication and organization skills is highly required
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please note that Careers Nigeria does not charge applicants/candidates placement fees or registration fees. We ONLY welcome CVs from suitable candidates for roles published on our website. We shall keep your details and CVs and contact you if any suitable roles become available in the future.